As some of you know from my post on Facebook, I am currently working on a new project. I am hoping to launch within the next 6 months. This project is a complete leap of faith for me. It involves a lot of work and a small investment. I am believing that God is going to use this next project for His glory. I also know that I have to rely on the strength of Jesus Christ to follow through and complete this project (Philippians 4:13). I am also going to have to rely on the prayers and support of all my friends, family and fellow bloggers who follow this blog (That means you!).
SO WHAT IS IT?
As of right now, only a few people know what the project entails. And even those few don’t know the whole vision. I have a general idea of what I’m doing and planning, however, since this is new territory for me, I don’t even know all the details yet : ) Since I am currently working on this project and fine tuning the vision, I am very reluctant about sharing this with anyone. However, I know myself and I know how much I tend to procrastinate on things. So I figure by giving periodic updates, this will be a way that you all can keep me motivated and hold me accountable on making sure this project launches and is successful.
1. I am currently working to launch a new fully self-hosted website where I own the domain name. It will be similar to this website, however, the name is going to be changed and there is also a slight tweak to the focus. It will remain Christ-centered, however, I am going to be focusing on a couple of key areas. (More to come on the key areas…)
2. I am currently writing my first eBook. Now this eBook is more of a manifesto that completely explains my vision and direction for my website. I am going to be giving this eBook away for free to everyone who subscribes, via email to the new website and newsletter.
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU
Now before you stop reading and think that I am going to ask for money, hold on, I’m NOT. I am only asking 3 things from those of you who are reading this.
1. Prayer… This is a complete leap of faith for me. I feel that God is leading and prodding me into ministry and this is the first steps. I am working on this project in my spare time, since I am currently working full-time, and volunteering part-time at my local Church. I need all the prayer, encouragement and support I can get.
2. Input… Periodically I may have some questions or may want some input/feedback on some of the aspects of the project. If you can, I would ask to respond to those requests with your most brutally honest feedback.
3. Support… This is a combination of #1 and #2, but also a way for me to ask for accountability. I don’t want this to be a project that I start and never follow through with or complete. I feel that God is calling me to do this and I want to make sure I complete it. I know my wife Stephanie is my biggest supporter, but I can use all the support I can get.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU TO HELP
The following expired July 20, 2012.
For those who are willing to help me along this journey, I am willing to do the following: 1. Keep you personally updated as the project progresses 2. Provide you with both a rough draft and final copy of my eBook before anyone else can get a copy (if I figure out a way to digitally autograph the eBook, you will get that as well) 3. I will place you on the contributor page of the new website and promote your website, business, product, or whatever else you need promoted at no charge.
IMPORTANT: In order to take advantage of these three offers I need you to contact me via the contact form at the bottom of this post by JULY 20th. Just put in your email address, name, and “SIGN ME UP IN ADVANCE” in the Subject line and/or comment section and you will be signed up. Which means the offer goes away after the 20th. So if you want to be part of this new project let me know.
I want to thank all of you for the support and encouragement I have received on this current blog site. I also want to thank you all in advance for your support and encouragement for the new website. It is going to be similar to what you get here, only I am taking it up a notch. I have a lot more things up my sleeve and planned for the website, so please stay tuned for the updates!!!! In the mean time you can also follow me on twitter: Follow @ACoonJr
A special blessing for all of you:
The Lord bless you, and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26 (NASB)